You can rely on a CLU®'s expertise.
Your Chartered Life Underwriter® has earned the premier credential in the insurance profession, representing eight or more comprehensive college-level courses covering all aspects of insurance planning, estate and retirement issues, taxation, business insurance, and risk management. For more than 80 years consumers have trusted this mark, which is conferred by The American College, a non-profit educator with the highest level of accreditation.
The average study time for the program is over 400 hours and can take years to earn. Each CLU® must also complete a minimum of 30 hours of continuing education every two years and meet extensive experience requirements, ensuring the knowledge you're counting on is both comprehensive and current.
How can a CLU® help me?
With the assistance of a Chartered Life Underwriter®, you can:
- Analyze your overall financial situation
- Determine the appropriate level of risk to assume
- Protect your family's current and future financial needs
- Achieve financial security using a wide range of insurance and financial planning tools
- Better manage taxes for yourself, your business and your estate
- Plan for a secure retirement
- Safeguard your family business
You can count on a CLU®'s integrity.
Advisors with the CLU® designation are required to serve you with the highest level of professionalism. The authority to use the CLU® mark is granted by the Certification Committee of the Board of Trustees of The American College, and that privilege is contingent on adherence to strict ethical guidelines.
CLU® advisors are required at all times to do the same for you that they would do for themselves in similar circumstances, the standard of knowledge and trust clients value.